What if full arch restoration?
A full arch smile restoration is a treatment that is performed when all of your teeth are missing from either the upper or lower arch.
There are three different types of full arch restorations including a fixed dental bridge, removable over denture and a removable full denture.
A fixed bridge is often the most popular restoration choice as it’s a permanent solution and will feel and function the same as your natural teeth.
A Fixed Bridge Restoration
A fixed bridge restoration is permanent and uses a combination of dental implants and a dental bridge to restore your smile.
A dental bridge is a made out of a pontic (solid false tooth) and two exterior porcelain crowns. It is designed to fill in a gap left by a missing tooth or a group of teeth by attaching to an existing or installed solid tooth structure in the mouth.
The full arch restoration process:
- During an initial consultation, our team at City Smiles will evaluate your mouth and determine the best route of treatment. We will determine how many implants are needed and the size and shape of your near-natural prosthetic teeth.
- The next step is to ensure you have no underlying dental issues that need fixing prior to beginning restoration. If your mouth is healthy, the next step is the installation of the dental implants. The titanium implants will act as your new roots and usually four to five implants are used per arch. Once installed, it will take several months for your jawbone to fuse to the dental implants. So while this happens, we will secure temporary implant crowns so that the aesthetic and function of your smile is not affected.
- Once your implants are fused with the jawbone, we will remove your temporary implant crowns and install your permanent bridge. This part of the procedure may require multiple visits.
- End Result! Your smile is fully restored, both he functional and aesthetics. Many patients prefer the permanency of this procedure as it allows them to feel like they still have their natural teeth.
- Permanent restoration that feels like your natural teeth
- Care is the same as natural teeth (brushing and flossing)
- Stimulates the jawbone more effectively than removable solutions which improves function and the facial profile
- There are virtually no disadvantages to restoring your smile
Removable Over Dentures
A removable over denture is a removable full arch of teeth and prosthetic gum. It can be anchored to two dental implants by either a ball or bar fixture in the front of the jaw.
- Usually more cost-effective although the end result is not as stable or realistic
- More stable than a removable full denture
- Still not as stable as a fixed bridge restoration
- Many patients find removable dentures harder to clean and embarrassing at times
Removable Full Denture
A removable denture is a mixture of prosthetic teeth and gum that is inserted loosely over your natural gum.
- The cheapest form of full arch replacement
- Doesn’t stimulate the jawbone as necessary
- Can result in a shallow look of the face
- Harder to clean
- Can make regular functions difficult such as eating, and these dentures can slip out at inopportune times
Full Arch Restoration FAQs
What is a full arch restoration?
A full arch restoration is essentially a replacement of all of the teeth on one or both jaws. In this procedure, four to six dental implants will need to be placed. There are three types of full arch restorations available: a fixed bridge; removable over denture; and a removable full denture.
The guided keyhole surgical procedure is minimally invasive meaning a virtually pain-free procedure. In comparison, traditional implant surgery requires a lengthy, invasive surgical procedure, sometimes under general anaesthetic.
How much is a full arch restoration?
Here at City Smiles we have a reputation of being the most affordable dental practice in Melbourne and strive to ensure all our patients gain the care they need without the added stress of excessive cost. This is why our full arch restoration is $8,000-$12,000 but is always subject to diagnostic and treatment planning. We also offer upgrade options at approximately $12,000 -$15,000.
Our upgrade options include:
- Hybrid fixed denture
- Zirconia ceramic fixed bridge
What are the benefits of a fixed bridge restoration?
A full arch fixed dental bridge restoration is permanent and, once complete, will look and function just like your other natural teeth. As it’s a permanent solution, you can stick to your normal dental hygiene routine without causing any damage to the bridge.
A fixed bridge restoration also stimulates the jawbone which helps to improve facial function and facial profile.
Full arch restoration at City Smiles
Our innovative technology is predictable, and the best possible final result is planned right from the start through the precision of our computer-guided software. The planned computer-guided process allows us to prepare the tooth crown or bridge in advance, so you can walk out with your teeth in as little as one appointment. Interested in full arch restoration and dentures? Contact our experienced team at City Smiles in Melbourne by clicking here, we can help you!